(According to New Regulations Communicated vide C.H.S.E. Order No. 41541 Dtd. 01.05.2006.)
The Council has decided to introduce certain changes in the +2 Course structure and scheme of studies from the academic session 2006-07 with due concurrence of the Govt. of Orissa in the Deptt. of Higher Education, vide their Order No. 14321/III HE – C.H.S.E. –10/06, Dt. 27.04.06.
According to the new course structure there shall be one examination to be conducted by the College / Higher Secondary School at the end of the first year basing on the curriculum meant for that year and one examination at the end of the second year to be conducted by the Council basing on the curriculum meant for that year alone. Pass certificates will be awarded to successful candidates basing on the performance in the Council Examination to be held at the end of the second year only.
The examination at the end of the First Year shall be of 700 marks (including 100 marks for Environmental Education)and the examination at the end of the Second Year shall be for 600 marks. Marks secured in the examination to be conducted at the end of the First Year shall be considered for promotion of students to the Second Year Class.
Besides English and M.I.L environmental Education (E.E) shall be a Compulsory Subject. But Environmental Education will be taught only in the First Year and examination for Environmental Education will be conducted by the College at the end of the First Year.
Restriction on selection of optional (henceforth called as Elective) subjects will be the main feature in the new course structure. There shall be no extra optional subject. Instead each student has to offer Four Elective Subjects as detailed
Besides the Compulsory Subjects like (I) English, M.I.L. and (II) Environmental Education, a candidate shall offer any FOUR elective subjects from any of the grouping under (IV) A or B.
The Syllabi for 2 years course of each subject shall be divided into two parts, namely, First Year and Second year carrying 100 marks each. The College shall conduct one examination at the end of the 1st year class of +2 Course and the Council will conduct the examination at the end of the 2nd Year class of +2 Course. The result of a candidate shall be determined only on the performance of the candidate in the Council Examination to be held at the end of the Second Year Class.
(i) Subjects with practical: 30% of the total marks shall be diverted for practical examinations and the remaining 70% thereof, for theory. A candidate has to pass separately in theory and practical. Pass marks in Biology shall be calculated taking together the marks secured in both Botany and Zoology (adding the marks of Botany and Zoology).
(ii) Pass marks shall be 30% of the total marks in theory paper & 40% of the total marks in the practical paper in each subject with 35% of the total marks in the aggregate.
The course structure and subjects for the Higher Secondary Examination and maximum marks in each subject shall be as follows :-
Subject Marks 1st Year 2nd Year
I. (i) English 200 (Two hundred) 100 100
(ii) M.I.L (One of the following)
Telugu/Urdu 200 (Two hundred) 100 100
N.B.: Provided that the Council may in special circumstances, permit a candidate to offer alternative papers in English of a higher standard than required in (ii) above in lieu of M.I.L., stating reasons.
Provided further that a candidate may be permitted to take up for the Higher Secondary Examination one of the subjects as M.I.L. under
(ii) Above without attendance at lecture in the subject if the institution in which she is admitted is not affiliated in that subject.
Note: The above subjects will be assessed at the College level for 100 marks (70 marks for Theory and 30 marks for Project Work) at the end of the 1st year +2 Course and Grades (A, .B, C or D in order of merit) are to be awarded by the College and the same shall be recorded in the body of the Pass Certificate given by the Council subsequently. The grade secured in the Environmental Education (E.E) examination shall not affect the result of the candidate.
iii. Yoga Class will be compulsory for both +2 1st Yr. (Sc. & Arts.) and +2 2nd Yr. (Sc. & Arts) students. No marks for yoga will be added to the aggregate. Students will be awarded with grades only.
(Out of the following Seven Groups of subjects a student shall have to offer Four Elective subjects each carrying a maximum of 200 marks i.e. 100 marks for 1st year and 100 for 2nd year)
A student can opt for anyone of the following Electives.