A 100 seated hostel is available for the accommodation of students. Students opting for hostel accommodation can be provided with this facility on the basis of merit. A student after being selected for hostel accommodation can take admission on payment of Rs. 6000.00 as Annual Seat Rent.
- Admission – Applicants for admission to hostel must apply in the proper form duly filled in and signed by them as well as by their natural gua’rdian, to the Principal of the college along with their applications for admission to the college. Seats will be allotted by the Principal.
- Control – Students living in the hostel will be considered to be under the direct control of the Head of the Institution to which the Hostel is attached not only during college hours but also at all other times during the college terms..
- Leave of Absence – Leave of absence from the hostel must in all cases be obtained 24 hours in advance either. from the Head of the Institution or from the Hostel Superintendent, as the hostel authority may direct. It will not be granted unless a written request is made by the parent or the guardian.
- Overstaying Leave – Should a boarder overstay leave (a) if she brings a satisfactory written explanation from. her parent or guardian she may, at the discretion of the hostel authority, be excused (b) if no satisfactory explanation is produced she may be punished at the discretion of the Principal.
- Applicant for withdrawal should be made by guardians. No boarder will be permitted to leave a hostel without prior permission of the Superintendent who will ascertain that all dues to the hostel have been paid before leaving.
- Students living in the hostels attached to this college should apply to the Superintendent concerned, either at the end of the college session or within a specific time before the new session commences, if they wish to return. The application will not constitute a right but will be duly considered and if selected, the applicant will receive an instruction to that effect before the session commences.
- The hostels are closed during the vacations.
The following practices are forbidden in all hostels :
- The introduction of any person unauthorised by the Principal / Superintendent into the hostel.
- The bringing of paper, periodicals not on the list of papers and periodicals approved by the Government into the Hostel Common Room or Library.
- Singing or playing musical instrument except during hours authorised by the Superintendent.
- The holding of any meeting except with the approval of the Superintendent. Boarding Arrangement – No boarder will be permitted to have her meals in any part of the hostel other than the dining hall. Boarders are responsible for the furniture issued to them and are,required to make good any damage or breakage.
- Visitor – Only boarders are ordinarily permitted to enter the hostel premises. The following rules indicate the exceptions that may be made.
- Parents, local guardians and those visitors whose names are given in the admission forms by the parents are entitled to visit their wards during the visiting hours. Visitors will meet their ward on Saturdays and Sundays only from 4 P.M to 6 P.M. No visitors are allowed after 7 P.M. except in emergency cases.
- Identity cards will be supplied to the visitors and local guardians. Common Room – There should, if possible, be. a Common Room in the hostel, where a selection from the list of papers and periodicals approved by the Government will be placed. Rules for the ‘use of this Common Room should be framed by the Superintendent. .
- Hostel Dues – The hostel fees are collected on the 5th, 10th and 15th of the month. Boarders who fail to pay on or before the 30th will pay a fine of Rs. 10.00 for hostel dues. Boarders who fail to pay hostel dues in succeeding months will be penalised by the imposition of a further fine @ 5.00 per month until the dues are cleared.
- A student at the time of admission into the hostel will pay dues as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The internal management of the hostel rests with the Superintendent. ,
- The hours fixed for study are 6.30 A.M. to 8 A.M. and 6.30 P.M. to 9.30 P.M.
- No boarder shall remain absent from the hostel during the study hour without the prior permission of the Super-in-tendent. Frequent absence, however, will be treated as breach of discipline.
- Prefects will be nominated by the Superintendent and each prefect will help the different secretaries in various duties.
- Boarders should in all cases obtain the permission of the Principal through the Superintendent before joining any association or meeting outside the college.
- All movement set about by the students either for calling meeting or circulating notices or raising subscriptions must receive the prior sanction of the Superintendent /Principal.
- The Superintendent has the power of censoring all reading matters brought\into the hostel. The introduction of objectionable reading matter into the hostel will be regarded as a breach of discipline. Boarders are not permitted to use Iron, Heater and keep Radio &T.V. and such other devices in their room. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited.
- The Superintendents will be responsible for the maintenance of order and discipline and have the power to punish any border for breach of discipline. All cases of gross misconduct shall be reported to the Principal.
The following will be considered breach of discipline :
(i) Absence from the hostel without leave.
(ii) Continuous neglect of study.
(iii) Want of cleanliness and tidiness in the room.
(iv) Spitting in the rooms and verandahs and throwing torn paper and leaves on the verandahs.
(v) Absence from the hostel in the evening without prior permission of the Superintendent.
(vi) Writing on, or in any other way disfiguring the walls, doors or windows of the buildings.
(vii) Holding of any special meeting in the hostel without the approval of the Superintendent.
(viii) Misconduct of any other description.
Students may be removed from the hostel on the report of the Superintendent.
In case of communicable disease, the hostel authorities may expel the student from the hostel if she refuses to be isolated.
The local guardians are generally,allowed to take their wards out on permission of the Superintendent once a month.
All letters and communications etc. are to be sent and received through the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
Boarders are not allowed to post their own letters. There will be a roll call in the evening after prayer at 6 P.M.
Complete silence will be observed in the hostel after the roll call. Students admitted ,to the college hostel are directed to give their telephone numbers and P.S. address where their guardians can be intimated in situations of emergency.