The candidates who have passed H.S.C. examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or any other equivalent examination are eligible to apply for admission into +2 courses and the students passing +2 Arts, Science, Commerce from C.H.S.E. or any other equivalent examination are eligible to apply for admission to +3
1st Year Degree Arts.
HOW TO APPLY
Common Admission forms (CAF) and prospectus for +2 1st Year Arts, Science, and +3 1st Year Arts can be had under Student Admission Management System (SAMS) on any working day between 10 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on payment of 50/- in person.
Common Admission forms can be filled in and submitted online. Printout of SRC Copy and Student Copy can also be obtained from the internet available in the college.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH ADMISSION FORM
- Attested photocopy of S.L.C / C.L.C
- Attested photocopy of Mark-Sheet and Conduct Certificate of qualifying examination. In case of compartmental candidates copies of Mark-Sheet of both the examinations.
- Attested photocopy of Caste Certificate issued by Tahasildar of respective locality. (For .S.C./S.T. only)
- Any other certificate in support of claiming weightage.
- A self-addressed envelope of 9″ x 4″ size Postage Stamp of Rs.5/-
- Postage Stamp of Rs. 6/- to be affixed on the specified space of Intimation Card.
- A recent Passport Size photograph of the applicant attested on the front to be pasted on the form at specific space.
- Three self addressed post cards.
The candidates should submit the duly filled in common application forms in SAAM Research Centre (S.R.C). List of selection for admission shall be notified in the college notice board.
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION
CALCULATION OF MARKS
Selection for admission into various classes will be made strictly on merit basis and calculation of marks shall be made as per the following:
a) The basic para meter of calculation of marks in respect of +2 stream is the total mark secured by a candidate in H.S.C. Examination of Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, excluding extra optional, if any.
b) The percentage of mark secured by a candidate who has passed C.B.S.E. / I.C.S.E. Examination in all obligatory subjects taken together should be taken into account for drawing up the merit list, i.e. the aggregate mark should be appropriately converted.
c) For compartmental candidates average of the two marks in the subjects in which the candidate has failed is to be calculated in determining the aggregate.
1 % of seats is reserved for the children of Ex-Servicemen. 8% of the seats for SC and 12% of seats for ST candidates as per the provisions of the Government. However, these reserved seats shall not be inter changeable between SC and ST and any reserved seats remaining vacant in either category may be filled up on the basis of the general merit list subject to the approval of Chairman, Admission Committee.
- N.C.C cadets / N.S.S volunteers those who have represented the country at the international level shall be given straight admission.
- 5% of mark is given as wightage to Physically / Orthopedic handicapped candidates subject to the production of medical certificate not below the rank of Chief District Medical Officer. However, the total number of seats to be filled up under the category should be limited to 2% of seats in each stream.
- 2% of the marks for the N.C.C cadets holding ‘A’ Certificate (for +2 Classes).
- 3% of the marks for the N.C.C cadets holding ‘8’ Certificate.
- 5% of the marks for the N.C.C cadets holding ‘C’ Certificate.
- 10% of the marks for representing president’s scout and guide (for +2 classes) subject to 10% of total seats in a stream.
- 5% of the marks for representing University / State / School / Sainik School in All India Level Sport / N.C.C / N.S.S in National level.
- 5% of the marks for women candidates applying for subjects not available in the other local Women’s College.
- Weightage shall be given to the students of this college for admission into +3 degree classes subject to the approval of admission committee.
A candidate claiming weightage in more than one categories will get weightage in that category having the highest weightage benefits. Weightage, wherever admissible, will only be available for purpose of admission and shall not be taken into account for the allotment of subjects / optional, admission in any particular Honours subjects or any other academic selection.
The weightage is strictly as per the provisions of the Government. However, the weightage is subject to change as per the notification issued by the Government from time to time.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINAL TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
- Intimation Letter.
- School Leaving Certificate / College Leaving Certificate in Original.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination.
- Caste Certificate issued by Tahasildar of respective locality.
- Original Certificate in support of claiming weightage.
- Three passport size photographs.
- Migration Certificate (in case of C.B.S.E. , I.C.S.E. passing candidates.
- No request for extension of admission date will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to S.C / S.T, Burma Repatriate, Ex- Serviceman or seeking weightage in any extracurricular activities should mention the same on the top of the application form in Block letters.
- Candidates desirous of availing weightage in marks either in games and sports or any other extracurricular activity approved by Government must have achieved the distinction within two years prior to the year of admission.
- For availing admission under the reservation of seats for an ex-serviceman, a certificate to that effect has to be issued by the Rajya Sainik Board.
- The participation certificates in games and sports in National / State Level for taking advantage of weightage in marks at the time of admission must be counter signed by the Director of Sports.
- Intimation letter will be sent by post, under Certificate of Posting. The candidate must attach a self addressed envelope of size 9″ x 4″ for the purpose. The college is not responsible for any postal delay / delivery. Candidates are therefore advised to see either the College Notice Board or enquirer in the office at regular interval.
- Attested photocopy of each document enclosed with the application form should be signed by the candidate with the words “Submitted by me”.
- In case of forged documents being detected, the Principal reserves the right to forward full particular, of such candidates with their records to the State Crime Branch, Odisha for scrutiny.
- In no case the total weightage of marks will exceed 10% of the total seats in a particular stream for various extracurricular actives.
- In case or any dispute regarding interpretation of any rule, the decision of the Principal is final and binding.
- Students, parents / guardians are requested not to contact anybody except the members of admission advisory cell.
- The admission to the college is purely provisional and may be cancelled in case any irregularity is detected at any stage. No admission can be claimed as a matter of right.
Prof. R. N. Roy
India Gandhi Women's College Cuttack